Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography (iPad)
By Tony Northrup
“Stunning Digital Photography”, the #1 photography ebook in the world, is now available on iBooks! This book has four things no other book offers:
1) VIDEO TRAINING. About 90 minutes of hands-on video tutorials.
2) 400+ HIGH RESOLUTION, ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in nine countries demonstrate both good and bad technique.
3) HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
4) NEVER OUTDATED. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you'll see them described in the book immediately.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures.
First, beginner photographers will master:
* Buying a camera, lens, flash, tripod, and more
* Shutter speed
* Depth-of-field (blurring the background)
* Natural light
* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
* Pet photography
* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
* Sunrises and sunsets
* Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
* Night photography
* Raw files
* Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro's secrets for:
* Posing men and women (checklists provided)
* Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)
* Remotely triggering flashes
* Using bounce flash and flash modifiers
* Using studio lighting on any budget
* Building a temporary or permanent studio at home
* Shooting your first wedding
* High speed photography
* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
* Planning shoots around the sun and moon
* Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)
* Light painting
* Eliminating noise
* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
* Underwater photography
* Getting close to wildlife
* Using electronic shutter triggers
* Photographing moving cars
* Photographing architecture and real estate
Got scammed5By Guff tuffWont even download and they took my money
Where is the updated version for iBooks?4By Brian D.First, let me say that the conetnt contained in this book is simply AMAZING. It tells you exactly what you need to know about every topic. Using a variety of images and videos, Tony and Chelsea are able to help convey the topic in a way that is easy to understand. I can’t wait to see all of their work in the future. After saying all of that… I am just confused as to why the iBooks version of this book is from 2013 and stuck on Version 2.0. The book has been updated several times by Tony and Chelsea and as of May 2016 it is on Version 5.0. Where is the iBooks love? If you register your book purchase on Tony and Chelsea’s website, you can download the current version in PDF form for free. However, I don’t find that it is an enjoyable reading experience as the iBooks version. Would really like to see the book updated in the near future.
Excellent and Includes all the Videos!5By bedlam and drudgeryThis is the edition of this quality book that you want. This is the ONLY electronic edition that actually contains copies of the videos — rather than having to be on a network all the time, to stream things. The price is the same for all electronic versions, but THIS electronic version contains more content! Get this one.
Incredible, but what happened to updates?5By degabsAs most reviews for this book go, it is a must buy and was created brilliantly. I also follow Tony and Chelsea on YouTube as they are very active, and have noticed they often release updates for the book that all buyers are supposed to have access to. I noticed on Amazon that the newer versions of the book are available but the iBooks version for Apple has not been updated in a couple years. Does anyone know how us iBooks users can access the new content?
Enjoyable making digital photography easier5By Music yesVery good book that helps you get started thinking for yourself, getting comfortable with composition and understanding your equipment. Highly recommended.
Can't get enough!5By another momoThis is exactly what I needed..concise information and how to's. So glad I bought his book as an e-book for my iPad! I refer to it constantly!!! Can't get enough...
Best Book Written!5By HarlowquinThis book is just what I was looking for and then some. The videos alone are worth the price of admission! So many helpful hints, I can't even begin to describe. This book will change your photos for ever!
One of the best5By CheezrWhat’s nice about this book is that the information is layered. If you just want the basics you can watch the imbedded videos. If you want more detail you can read the chapters and if you read carefully, you will find that there is quite a lot of detail in those chapters. If you are willing to put in the effort, it can really be the only instructional type book that you would need. Highly recommended.
Not that great2By dran_rebI did not learn much more from this book than what is already in my camera's manual. While there were definitely some good how-to tips, I found a lot of information in this book to be repetitive and common-sense (for example, the need for spare batteries was mentioned several times). The most disappointing aspect is that I expected to see more stunning photos from the author, but found many of the photos to be mediocre with many technical flaws. The videos do a good job of showing techniques but they also seemed to be too amateurish.
Outstanding. Should be a text for DSLR teachers5By ronnielcThis is a fantastic book. Tony and his wife are great on YouTube but this book is a truly great resource when away from the internet. If I could just get through the book with my own DSLR, I don't have one but I do have other smaller digital cameras and an iphone. They will help me with the basics until I can buy my own camera. Buy it!